Holy Horrors

This is where I intend to rant and rave about religion. You will also find some choice videos from my favorite YouTubers. Welcome to The Holy Horrors Herald.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Discovering Religion: Ep 20 - Secular vs. Biblical Morality

Uploaded by DiscoveringReligion on May 2, 2011

The twentieth installment of my original series, "Discovering Religion". This episode begins the miniseries on morality by comparing and contrasting concepts like subjective/objective and secular/biblical moralities. Now that we have exposed God's true moral nature and found our sense of right and wrong comes from somewhere outside the Bible, we can begin to explore the possible evolutionary origins of morality and how science informs our shared principles of conduct. Christians and other monotheists absolutely HATE the idea that morality can be based in science and I am very much looking forward to producing these episodes. However, please note my videos are extremely time-consuming to produce and unfortunately I do not have a lot of free time. I try make videos as often as I can, so I hope everyone understands why such time passes between episodes. Thank you all for your support of this series, I very humbled by all the attention my channels has been getting recently. I very much appreciate your interest in what I have to say!

---------------------------------

BIBLE CITATIONS:

Jesus supports the Law - Matthew 5:17, 19
Conception and Birth of Jesus - Matthew 1:18-25
Dividing the Spoils - Numbers 31:26-35
Save Only the Virgins - Numbers 31:7-18
Marrying Female Captives - Deuteronomy 21:10-14
God Kills 1st born of Egypt - Exodus 12:29-30
God kills children for ancestors' sins - Isaiah 14:21
God kills offspring of enemies - Hosea 9:11-16
God promotes murder, looting, and rape - Isaiah 13:15-18
Slaves are inherited property - Leviticus 25:44-46
How to properly beat slaves - Exodus 21:20-21
Toddler-murder is moral - Psalm 137:9

Death Penalty for the following actions:
Witchcraft - Exodus 22:17
Fortunetelling - Leviticus 20:27
Blasphemers - Leviticus 24:16
Non-Believers - 2 Chronicles 15:12-13
False Prophets - Zechariah 13:3
Non-Virginal Brides - Deuteronomy 22:13-21
Work on Sunday - Exodus 35:2
Disobedient children - Leviticus 20:9
Adulterers - Leviticus 20:10
Homosexuals - Leviticus 20:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which do you think is the most dangerous religion?

If you had to choose one and only one religion to survive, which would you allow?