Holy Horrors

This is where I intend to rant and rave about religion. You will also find some choice videos from my favorite YouTubers. Welcome to The Holy Horrors Herald.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

I never did figure out if it's Mother's Day or Mothers Day.... Anyway, I spent it with with my mother, my brother and my sister + family. Luckily, there was little talk of god, or anything close. It was not like last time where I was bombarded with the Evil Atheist topic at the dinner table SURROUNDED by born-agains. Yeah, that's a fair forum. I really felt like I could give my input at a table full of my closest relatives, one of which was a pastor....



I'm not saying I don't absolutely adore my family, I do. I love my mother, I love my niece and nephews, and my sister is the dearest thing in the world to me. My brother means a great deal to me too, but he's not really a part of this, not being quite so vocal in his christianity. My brother in law, on the other hand,... lol. Aside from being a brainwashed pastor, he is one of the most intelligent people I've ever known.



I do not wish I had a different family. I do, however wish the one I had were not xians. It bothers me a lot. My sister especially upsets me. She was once the most down to earth people I have ever known. Like myself she has never been a genius, but she was the type to completely shrug off bullshit. Now I see her talk about her gods and angels, and see that glazed look in her eyes.... It doesn't seem right. She's better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which do you think is the most dangerous religion?

If you had to choose one and only one religion to survive, which would you allow?